What is Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil, also known as melaleuca oil, is an essential oil distilled from the leaves of the native Australian plant Melaleuca alternifolia.
What is MAX Germ Blocker?
MAX Germ Blocker is also known as the natural plant Melaleuca Alternifolia, also known as Tea Tree Oil and has very strong Germ destroying properties. The main active constituent is 4-Terpineol. Only high quality Tea Tree Oil has a high percentage of this ingredient.
What Can Treet-It® Tea Tree Oil Products Help With?
- Treet-It® Tea Tree Oil Products are manufactured using Plant-Based Ingredients which are renewable and biodegradable without causing harm to the earth’s natural balance.
- The cartons used for various products in the Treet-It Range are compostable and recyclable.
- Acne and Pimples – Wash face with Treet-It Glycerine Soap to cleanse face twice daily. Apply Treet-It Pure Oil directly to the affected areas. Tea Tree Oil helps to dry out pimples and works as a disinfectant.
- Athletes Foot – Wash with Treet-It Glycerine Soap and dry thoroughly. Apply Treet-It Antiseptic Cream or Spray to the infected areas between the toes. Keep area dry.
- Abrasions (minor) – Clean the area well. Apply Treet-It Antiseptic Cream or Spray to affected area, 2 to 3 times daily or as needed.
- Bacterial Infections – Apply Treet-It Antiseptic Cream or Spray directly to the affected area 2 to 3 times daily or as needed.
- Bedsores – Apply Treet-It Antiseptic Cream or Spray directly to the affected areas 2 to 3 times daily. Remember to keep these areas dry.
- Bites and Stings – Apply Treet-It Antiseptic Cream, Treet-It Antiseptic Spray or Treet-It Pure Oil directly to the affected areas.
- Burns (minor) – Apply cold water or ice to burnt area and make sure area is clean. Apply Treet-It Antiseptic Cream or Spray gently. Do not apply to broken skin.
- Cold Sores – Apply Treet-It Pure Oil directly to the cold sore. Use Treet-It Lip Balm to help treat and prevent cold sores/fever blisters.
- Cuts and Grazes – Clean the affected area and apply Treet-It Antiseptic Cream or Spray.
- Dry and Chapped Lips – Use Treet-It Lip Balm daily to help treat and prevent dry, chapped lips.
- Dandruff, Oily and Itchy Scalp – Use the Treet-It Therapeutic Shampoo when washing hair and massage into scalp and rinse well. You may also add 2 to 3 drops of Treet-It Pure Oil to your normal shampoo to wash hair.
- Deodorant – Apply Treet-It Deodorant Roll-On evenly on the underarms. Leave the deodorant to absorb, wait for it to dry before dressing. Reapply as required.
- Extremely Dry Skin Conditions – Use Treet-It Antiseptic Cream to help moisturise and disinfect dry skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. For eczema or psoriasis on the scalp, wash hair with Treet-It Therapeutic Shampoo.
- Fungal Infections e.g. Ringworm – Apply Treet-It Antiseptic Cream or Spray directly to the affected areas 2 to 3 times daily or more often as needed. Remember to keep the areas dry.
- Foot and Nail Fungal Infections – Apply Treet-It Pure Oil to nail, nail bed and under nail, twice daily or more often as needed. Remember to keep these areas dry.
- Head Lice – Use the Treet-It Anti-Lice Gel-Cream, Treet-It Anti-Lice Maintenance Spray and Treet-It Therapeutic Shampoo to help treat and prevent head lice. Use the Treet-It Anti-Lice Fine Toothed Comb to help remove head lice. All these products are available as a convenient Treet-It Anti-Lice Complete Kit. Visit http://www.lice.co.za for more info.
- Laryngitis and Sore Throats – Rinse and gargle with Treet-It Mouth Wash twice daily. Do not swallow. Use Treet-It Throat Spray and spray directly onto the affected area, do not swallow but allow to run down the throat.
- Gingivitis and Mouth Ulcers – Rinse mouth with Treet-It Mouth Wash twice daily or more often as required. Do not swallow. Use Treet-It Throat Spray and spray directly onto the affected areas.
- Sore Gums – Rinse mouth with Treet-It Mouth Wash. Do not swallow. Use Treet-It Throat Spray and spray directly onto the affected areas.
What are the Household Uses for Treet-It® Tea Tree Oil Products?
- Dogs – Wash dogs with the Treet-It Therapeutic Shampoo, this also helps to prevent ticks and fleas. You may also add Treet-It Pure Oil to normal dog shampoo or bath water to wash with.
- Cats – Not recommended for use on Cats.
- Surface Sanitizer – Add 20ml Tea Tree Oil to 400ml clean water and use as a spray to sanitize surfaces.
- Dishwashers – Add 5 to 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil to dishwasher dispenser.
- Washing Machine – To kill germs. Add 5 to 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil to each load of laundry. This will disinfect and leave laundry smelling clean and fresh.
- Humidifiers – Add 3 to 6 drops Tea Tree Oil to the humidifier. This will help to disinfect and refresh the air.
When Shouldn’t You Use Treet-It® Tea Tree Oil Products?
- While pregnant or breast feeding without consulting your doctor.
- If allergic or have sensitivity towards any of the ingredients.
- Near eyes. Rinse out with water or seek medical attention if contact occurs.
- Undiluted tea tree oil on children under 12 years old.
- If you suspect an allergy to Tea Tree Oil or any other ingredients in this product, do a skin patch test by applying a small amount to the inside of your forearm. If you have no reaction within the next hour, you are able to use this product safely.
- Possible Side-Effects: Tea tree oil is safe for most people when used externally on the skin, but it can cause skin irritation and swelling. In people with acne, it can sometimes cause skin dryness, itching, stinging, burning, and redness.